There are so many things you can do to lose weight. But there are a few VERY simple things that you can do to lose weight and supercharge weight loss goals quickly!
- Drink more water!!! Water makes your body feel full. Water is calorie free, AND it helps your body eliminate toxins. Studies show that if you drink an entire glass of water prior to sitting down for dinner, the average diner consumes less calories. But also, our bodies are made up of almost 75% water. It is necessary to move waste and toxins through the body, and by drinking more water, you can increase your metabolism, burn more calories, and lose more weight.
- Eat more fiber – in particular low starch vegetables. Vegetables are almost calorie free foods. You could eat pounds of vegetables every day and still lose weight, while remaining full. Have you ever noticed that if you eat a full plate of veggies, you are SUPER full? But yet, a huge plate of veggies can very easily come in under 100 calories – if prepared properly! So if you want to feel full, eat less, and lose weight – increase those vegetables!!
- Get your body moving! Find a fitness activity that you love and DO it. You can sign up for every gym membership in the world, but if you don’t find something you love that you will stick with, you will never achieve your goals. I personally fell in love with pilates and barre – thus the reason Fit in 60 Pilates and Barre exists. However, if your interest is spinning, or hiking, or cross fit – just pick the thing that motivates you to move.
- Find an exercise buddy. Studies show that people who have a fitness partner remain more accountable and are significantly more likely to achieve their health, fitness, and weight loss goals. Fit in 60 is designed to be small group fitness classes, and to create a community of health and wellness. We want you to find people who have similar goals that you will see frequently and hold each other accountable. But wherever you go, and whatever you do – try to find a fitness buddy who will hold you accountable!
- Everything in moderation. Unless you have a food intolerance or allergy – don’t label foods as “bad”. As soon as you label something as off limits – your mind unconsciously just wants more and more of it. If you love chocolate – have a piece after dinner and savor every bite. If you love wine – have a glass with dinner – just don’t drink the whole bottle. Learn to savor your loves rather than just downing them out of habit.
Fit in 60 Pilates and Barre offers our 60 day Fast Fat Blast. This is designed to provide you with REAL food and quick, easy, family friendly recipes. It will give you all the tools you need to change your habits and lose weight once and for all!